Mission 3 - Methodology - Post 2/3



Mission 3 - Methodology

Resources
Blog post 2/3 - Digital Journalism 
25-8/11+12/19

For this mission we used many different kinds of resources like websites and search engines, we watched videos on youtube, of youtube news to get inspiration from, we also used Megan's film camera to record the video of us being hosts, we then used our phones for the videos from the "paparazzi's" aspects, we use Premier Pro to edit the video, we also recorded voice memos while filming our video in case the microphone from the camera wasn't good enough, but it was so we didn't end up using that.

The research part of this mission was the most fun of all, because I had to mostly watch videos of different news channels, after getting inspired we decided to make our news very fake and unrealistic hence why Kylie was pregnant with her fifth baby and Lindsey was cutting her hair after breakdown on camera.

We found a small empty room on campus after looking for a while and decided to file our intro, of us as hosts, there. We filmed this part of the video a few times as we couldn't control our laughter and sometimes said the wrong things, it was all a very fun process though!

When it got to the part of actually filming the videos from the "paparazzi's" aspects, I had to change, which was the worst part of this mission and a process I would never want to repeat after finding that spider in the sink, as I've mentioned in my last post.

We recorded the videos of the "celebrities" (Kylie) outside the D block, which was so embarrassing especially for me, as I had stuffed my shirt with my scarf to create a fake baby bump and had over-lined my lips with liquid lipstick to pose as Kylie, this was embarrassing because it was filmed outside while people were walking past us and staring.



Lindsey's part of the video was filmed inside, thankfully, in the room where we filmed our
introduction. I brought in hair extensions to make it look like I was actually cutting my hair. I couldn't keep it together while filming this part, I kept laughing, making us have to retake it a few more times. Even with the video we ended up using, I was laughing because no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't.

The filming process was very fun, we got a good laugh out of it and a sense of relief that we were one big step closer to finishing this mission all that needed to be done now was the editing, which Megan did most of. None of us had much experience when it came to editing so we watched youtube videos on how to and decided that video was going to be edited on Premier Pro. We used our own images and music to avoid the video getting copyrighted which added an original yet not very original aspect to it.

Thank you for reading this blog post!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission 2 - Culture Post 1/3

Mission 2 - Culture Post 2/3

Mission 3 - Methodology Post 1/3